The Policy on Airport Infrastructure envisages that 74% Foreign Direct Investment could be on automatic approval and 100% on special approval. However, the EGOM, took a decision on 21st June 2004 to reduce the Foreign Direct Investment to 49% in the Joint Venture Companies (JVCs) set up for the restructuring and modernization of Delhi and Mumbai airports. The balance 25% of the overall 74% equity to be held by the private Indian entities. 

Select Faq Category: