Directorate of CNS-Operation & Maintenance [CNS-OM] at CHQ is headed by Executive Director [CNS-OM]. ED [CNS-OM] reports to Member [ANS].
Broad functions/job profile of CNS-OM Department is as given below:
1. The Communication, Navigation, Surveillance and ATM Data Processing systems are the backbone for provision of Air Traffic Services for safe and smooth operation of Aircraft at Airports and in Indian airspace. CNS-OM Directorate ensures provision of these facilities for their serviceability, reliability and integrity as per Standard and Recommended practices of ICAO, Civil Aviation Requirements (CARs) promulgated by DGCA, to support CNS/ATM system for continental and Oceanic airspace managed by India as mentioned above. CNS-OM Dept also have the responsibility for maintenance and operation of security systems (i.e. CCTV, XBIS, DFMD, HHMD, ETD etc.)_and passenger facilitation system (i.e Flight Information Display system, PA system etc.) installed at all the airports which are managed by AAI. The security systems are maintained as per BCAS guidelines.
2. CNS-OM Dept by framing maintenance policies and supervision systems delivers system management, maintenance standards/instructions and maintenance services to assure and ensure Serviceability, Availability and Reliability of systems as mentioned above.
3. Provision of Aeronautical Mobile Services, Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network, VOLMET, Pre Flight Com Briefing and International Notam Offices
4. Provision of Telecom infrastructure (Datacom, Telephones, Fax & Mobile etc.) to various AAI Units for operational and administrative requirements.
5. Other main functions of CNS- OM Dept are :-
5.1 Management of CNS Human Resources including:-
5.2 Coordination with DGCA/ICAO for issue related to CNS and amendment to ICAO Annex/documents related to CNS.
5.3 Coordination with National Regulator, WPC and ICAO for Civil Aviation Frequency requirements/Protection.
5.4 CNS Standardization & Procedures
5.5 Preparing replacement and up gradation proposal of CNS and ATM Data processing system.
5.6 Implementation of Safety Management System (SMS) related to CNS and Automation facilities.
5.7 Disposal of obsolete CNS facilities proposal received at CHQ from filed stations.
6. CNS-OM Dept is further divided into following five sections:
i) A & S (Automation & Surveillance)
ii) N&CMC (Navigation & Central Maintenance Cell)
iii) COM (Communication)
iv) CRSD (Central Radio Stores Depot)
v) FTI (Future Telecommunication Infrastructure)
I) Automation and Surveillance (A &S)
Regular Monitoring of Availability & Serviceability of Surveillance, ATM Automation facilities at all airports and Aeronautical Communication Stations. Human Resource Management, Training and proficiency of CNS Personnel.Regular Monitoring of Availability & Serviceability of Surveillance, ATM Automation facilities at all airports and Aeronautical Communication Stations. Human Resource Management, Training and proficiency of CNS Personnel.
II) Navigation and Central Maintenance Cell (N&CMC)
Regular Monitoring of Availability & Serviceability of Navigational Aids. Review of NOC cases from CNS point of view received in CNS-OM Dept. DGCA & ICAO Matters. CMC manages SMUs (Special Maintenance Unit) which are established for different CNS equipment for complex component level repairs of faulty modules received from different stations. At present SMUs are available at Delhi, Kolkata, Ahmedabad, Chennai, Hyderabad and Mumbai airports for different CNS/ATM Automation facilities.
III) Communication (Com)
Regular Monitoring of Availability & Serviceability of Communication systems at all Airports/ACS. Provision of Aeronautical Mobile Services, Aeronautical Fixed Telecommunication Network, VOLMET, Pre Flight Com Briefing and International Notam Offices. Provision of Telephones, Fax & Mobile to various AAI Units for operational and administrative requirements
IV) Central Radio Stores Depot (CRSD)
The Central Radio Stores Depot procures and stocks Spares / PCBs/ Modules/ Discreet Components of CNS equipment and provides them to the stations to ensure the availability of CNS facilities. CRSD also arranges custom clearance, Overseas & In-Land insurance and Re-Export of faulty systems during guarantee/warranty Of CNS Equipment being procured by Dte. Of CNS-P and forwarding of same to the consignees.
FTI is responsible for creation of Telecom Infrastructure with the help of Managed Service Provider (MSP) on Build, Own & Operate model. Augmentation of Ground to Ground/Air to Ground communication infrastructure, provision of SLA (Service Level Agreement) based telecom services across PAN-India regions covering Voice, Data & Video applications. Implementation of Aviation System Block Upgrade (ASBU) under one sky policy of ICAO.