AIRPORTS AUTHORITY OF INDIA CORPORATE VIGILANCE DEPARTMENT
This Charter is a declaration of our vision, mission and action plan to achieve them with an objective to fulfil our commitment made in the Quality Policy.
QUALITY POLICY - We are committed to:
- Prevent occurrence of corruption and malpractices for streamlining the functioning in the organisation;
- Promote and cultivate culture of honesty and an ethical environment to ensure integrity at all levels to bring quality and excellence at work place;
- Carry out investigations in a transparent, impartial and objective manner based on facts;
- Assist in promptly disciplining the defaulters from vigilance angle; and
- Continually improve Quality Management System to facilitate accomplishing Corporate Mission and Vision.
Vigilance Department be seen as innovative, positive, efficient & effective set up in instituting ethical workpractices in the organisation.
ACTION PLAN TO REALISE OUR VISION
- Encourage out-of-box thinking;
- Open to discussion and healthy criticism;
- Continuous review of systems and outcomes for improvement; and
- Conduct brain storming sessions to get fresh ideas
- Approachable and responsive;
- Proactive and pragmatic; and
- Giving fair and reasonable opportunities to the alleged personnel.
Efficient & Effective
- Balanced use of preventive, punitive and surveillance vigilance;
- Bring in standardization and accountability in the system;
- Skills upgradation through continuous training;
- Regular field issues, reissues and monitoring;
- Leverage powers of IT for time bound and consistent results;
- Take lead and set examples; and
- Result oriented initiatives for organisational excellence.
Ethical Work Practices
- Impartial and transparent working;
- Fair investigations based on facts;
- Ensure punishment to guilty and protect the honest; and
- Deliver in time bound manner.
- Timely and effective implementation of all programmes under preventive vigilance;
- Conclude all the cases in a time bound manner as prescribed in Quality Management System;
- Bring all the cases of investigation which are more than one year old in CVD to their logical conclusion by end of 2010 and such pendency to be avoided thereafter; and
- Bring all the cases more than one year old under disciplinary proceedings to their logical conclusion by end of 2010 and such pendency to be avoided thereafter.
ACTION PLAN TO ACHIEVE OUR MISSION
- All VOs to prepare list of old cases;
- Prepare time bound plan for disposal of such cases;
- Effective interaction with HODs for timely response to vigilance references;
- Improved monitoring and control at each level;
- Timely preparation of inspection schedules of all VOs; and
- Thorough checking of APRs during the field inspections by VOs.