- To advise and assist top management in framing corporate policies on
Terminal Management of all AAI airports.
- Monitoring implementation of ICAO standards and recommended practices
(SARP's), and Civil Aviation Regulations (CAR's) formulated by Director General
Civil Aviation (DGCA) for Aerodrome Operations and Airport Management.
- Liaise at apex level with the various ministries, regulatory bodies like
DGCA and Bureau of Civil Aviation Security (BCAS) on issues related to Airport
Management (Operations) and Aviation Security.
- Granting approval of Slots to international and domestic flights.
- Allocating night parking stands to domestic flight operators at Chennai,
Kolkata & Trivandrum airport.
- Overseeing and monitoring activities related to terminal management of all
AAI airports and airside operations at Netaji Suhbash Chandra Bose
International Airport (NSCBI), Chennai & Trivandrum airport including
airport emergency plans.
- Monitoring First-aid medical services at all AAI airports.
- Draw up plans for upgrading the operational facilities, passenger
facilitation and ground services to meet the future needs.
- Finalising training programmes for staff and officers of Operations
Department in coordination with National Institute for Aviation Management
& Research (NIAMAR).
- Coordinate with DGCA for renewal of Aerodrome License of NSCBI, Chennai
& Trivandrum airport.
- Coordinate with DGCA for safety assessment on the planning, construction
& commissioning of changes to airport infrastructure, and maintenance
Last updated on: 19th February 2013