- The Central Radio Stores Depot (CRSD) is a major unit of the Communication,
Navigation & Surveillance (CNS) wing of the Airports Authority of India. It
is located at Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi near Delhi Flying Club.
- The main function of the CRSD is delivery of spare parts of all
Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) equipments to all the
Aeronautical Communication Stations (ACS) for proper operation and upkeep of
- In view of a very large number of such equipments in use at the airports
and other supporting stations and in view of the importance of uninterrupted
operation of these equipments, a huge inventory is maintained at CRSD. The
present inventory consists of nearly 10000 items and the total cost of this
inventory is more than Rs. 1000 million.
- The inventory management at CRSD includes purchase of the items after
following all the prescribed codal procedures: receipt of the stores , their
quantity and quality checking before bringing these on stock; proper storage of
these items by assigning a unique vocab number and independent location to each
item for easy retrieval, issue of the item to the demanding station after
getting approval of the competent authority and dispatch of the approved items
by an appropriate means after proper insurance and packing.
- At times, stores are received (including Capital equipments) on the basis
of purchase orders issued by the Headquarters and all the above actions are
performed for such stores. For imported equipments and spares, this office also
undertakes other related activities like insurance and custom clearances for
- The items which are no longer in use due to upgraded technology or due to
obsolescence are surveyed and disposed of by e-auction through MSTC Ltd after
getting approvals from the competent authority.
- The inventory management to a large extent is supported by computerized
data management using Inventory and Maintenance Management Application Package
(IMMAP) software. Even remote stations with authorized user name and password
can view the availability of a desired item in this office without any
reference to this office.
- Apart from the inventory management, this office also facilitates the
repair of the imported equipments and their modules during the warranty period
which involves liaisoning with the supplier, necessary insurance and
co-coordination with the concerned bank for approvals for re-export for custom
purposes. Such items are re-exported with the help of a designated Custom House
Agent (CHA). After the item is repaired by the foreign supplier, it is
re-imported following all the laid down procedures.
- A Management Information System (MIS) is maintained for the total inflow
and outflow of the stores on monthly basis.
Last updated on: 22nd August 2013