- The Central Radio Stores Depot (CRSD) is a major unit of the Communication,
Navigation & Surveillance (CNS) wing of the Airports Authority of India. It
is located at Safdarjung Airport, New Delhi near Delhi Flying Club.
- The main function of the CRSD is delivery of spare parts of all
Communication, Navigation and Surveillance (CNS) equipments to all the
Aeronautical Communication Stations (ACS) for proper operation and upkeep of
these equipments as per the requirement received from the stations on approval
- In view of a very large number of such equipments in use at the airports
and other supporting stations and in view of the importance of uninterrupted
operation of these equipments, a huge inventory is maintained at CRSD. This
inventory is maintained in SAP/ERP system with effect from 1st April 2013.
- The inventory management at CRSD includes purchase of the CNS Spare items
after following all the prescribed codal procedures: receipt of the stores ,
their quantity and quality checking before bringing these on stock; proper
storage of these items by assigning a uniquematerial code/ VOCAB No and
independent location to each item for easy retrieval, issue of the item to the
demanding station after getting approval of the competent authority and
dispatch of the approved items by an appropriate means after proper insurance
- At times, stores are received (including Capital equipments) on the basis
of purchase orders issued by the Headquarters and all the above actions are
performed for such stores. For imported equipments and spares, this office also
undertakes other related activities like insurance and custom clearances for
- The items which are no longer in use due to upgraded technology or due to
obsolescence are surveyed and disposed of by e-auction through MSTC Ltd after
getting approvals from the competent authority.
- The inventory management to a large extent is supported by SAP/ERP System
and authorized users of MM for CNS can view the inventory of stores.
- Apart from the inventory management, this office also facilitates the
repair of the imported equipments and their modules during the warranty period
which involves liaisoning with the supplier, necessary insurance and
co-coordination with the concerned bank for approvals for re-export for custom
purposes. Such items are re-exported with the help of a designated Custom House
Agent (CHA). After the item is repaired by the foreign supplier, it is
re-imported following all the laid down procedures.
- A Management Information System (MIS) is maintained for the total inflow
and outflow of the stores on monthly basis.
- CRSD also undertakes transit insurance of CNS Equipment/spares from any
station in India to any station in India through open marine inland insurance
policy provided advance approval is sought by the consigoner station from
Last updated on: 08th January 2014