- The main function of Commercial Department is to evolve policies and
guidelines for transparent and competitive selection of bidders to operate
commercial concessions at the airports which are made available for passenger
facilitation and to earn revenue to AAI.
- The purview of commercial functioning also includes allotment of space in
terminal buildings/hangars to user agencies at applicable rentals, identifying
new venues for commercial exploitation and monitors the performance of
concessionaires at airports.
- Provision of mandatory facilities at airports through competitive bidding
such as ground handling services, car park management, common user counters,
F&B outlets and other licences such as for duty free shops, advertisement
rights, car rentals, travelers requisite shops etc. form part of Commercial
- Studying the latest methodology being adopted by various airport operators
worldwide, to enhance the non-aeronautical revenue.
- The concept of evolving Master Concessionaires appointment of consultant,
introduction of e-tendering etc. are being considered for implementation.
Last updated on: 22nd