To take up development of selected non-metro AAI airports with the following
- Up-gradation of airports to make them compatible with international
standards in terms of facilities and services. This would include
construction/expansion of terminal buildings with modern
technology/materials/designs and adequate space for commercial activities, duty
free shops, entertainment etc.
- Attracting private sector investment including from NRIs for this
- Setting up commercially focused professional management systems.
- Making arrangements and creating opportunities for upgradation of skills of
AAI officials/staff of different disciplines to bring them at par with
- City Side development of selected Non Metro Airports
- Assist Ministry of Civil Aviation in the long term leasing of AAI
- Assist and co-ordinate the affairs concerning green-field airports.
- Overall co-ordination for the long term lease of the metro airports of
Delhi & Mumbai.
- Planning & co-ordinating with the financial and legal consultants and
other agencies for the smooth process management of the lease transaction.
- Servicing the Inter Ministerial Group (IMG) & Leasing Support Group
(LSG) constituted by the Government of India for smooth transition in the
Last updated on: 27th November 2013